September 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM
WEST ORANGE, NJ - This year's Annual West Orange Town Picnic, scheduled rain or shine at Liberty Middle School at 1 Kelly Drive on Sunday, Sept. 22, promises to be something beautiful. In addition to township information, games, free food, and entertainment, several of the area's top home improvement businesses will be on hand to offer workshops on how to beautify your home and property.
The Picnic is scheduled from 1 to 4:00 p.m. Home Improvement Workshops are scheduled from 2 to 3:00 p.m. and will include the following:.
Do It Yourself Painting
- Tips for easy paint touch-ups
- Selecting paints and tools for interior and exterior projects
Planting & Lawn Maintenance
- Tips for planting flowers, shrubs and tree
- Learn how to properly feed and seed your lawn
- How strategic landscaping choices can improve home security
- How to maintain an existing fence
- Adding a new fence or gate
- Tips for simple fence repairs
Rossi Paints, Congdon Lumber, and AA Able Fencing, among others, are scheduled to provide demonstrations.
Mayor Rob Parisi, who conceived the workshops, noted, "It was our intention to provide a forum for residents to both learn a little about basic home improvements and how easy it can be to do it ourselves, while at the same time, learn about local businesses that can provide assistance in that. As a community, we want all homeowners to keep up their homes and properties and as homeowners we want our properties to be neat and clean. We want to do what we can to assist homeowners in meeting those objectives."
For more information, go to http://www.westorange.org.