January 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM
TAP Into Another Town's News:
Planning For Super Bowl: Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk Crackdown
WARREN, NJ - Law Enforcement officers from the Warren Township Police Department will be participating in the County wide crackdown of “ FANS DON’T LET FANS DRIVE DRUNK”.
Beginning January 31, and running through February 3, this initiative will focus on impaired enforcement and education. While participating in the annual initiative, police officers will be looking for motorists who may be driving while intoxicated. Through high-visibility enforcement, local law enforcement officers hope to discourage the public from driving while impaired.
Law enforcement agencies participating in the event offer the following advice:
• If you plan to drink, designate a driver, someone who will not drink alcohol, before going out.
• Take mass transit, a taxi or ask a sober friend to drive you home.
• Spend the night where the event is held.
• Report impaired drivers to Law Enforcement.
• Always buckle up, regardless of your seating position in the vehicle. It’s your best defense against an impaired driver!