Winter weather tips for pet owners
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 • 10:49pm
Winter Weather Pet Tips
With the cold weather and holiday season upon us, it’s important for all pet parents to know the best advice to take care of their furry family members. K-9 Resorts Daycare & Luxury Hotel would like to share some winter weather tips for you and your pets. For more information about K-9 Resorts in Fanwood, more tips for your pets or to find a location near you go to www.k9resorts.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (908) 490-0808.
- When you bring your pet in from outside, make sure to wipe its paws and underside to remove any ice balls that could cause frostbite. Check ears, tail, and paws for any signs of frostbite as well.
- Make sure you check your house for plants that could potentially harm your pets. Poinsettias are extremely poisonous to dogs and are most commonly found during the holidays around the home.
- Never leave your pet alone in the car in freezing temperatures, as the car acts like a refrigerator by holding in the cold and your animal can freeze.
- If you have a short-haired breed, especially a smaller dog, put a sweater or jacket on them that covers the base of their tail and belly to conserve as much body heat as possible. Dog boots can also protect their paws from the cold and ice.
- It is still important for your dogs to get exercise when the temperatures dip, so make sure to do your research when looking for a walker, sitter or dog boarding facility.
The Guest Column is our readers' opportunity to write about a given issue or topic in an in-depth and educational manner.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.