Traffic Modifications for Founders Day Begin at Noon
Saturday, August 23, 2014 • 2:28am
Lansdale Borough’s annual Founders Day event runs from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday.
Certain streets in Lansdale Borough will be closed throughout Saturday for accommodation of Founders Day events, according to borough communications.
Anyone that needs to visit Lansdale Post Office or Lansdale Police Department should use St. Elmo Street or Montgomery Avenue between noon and 4 p.m.
These streets are as follows:
- Derstine Avenue between South Wood Street and Susquehanna Avenue – Closed noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Susquehanna Avenue between Derstine and York avenues – Closed noon to 4 p.m.
- Columbia Avenue at Susquehanna Avenue – Closed noon to 4 p.m.
- Vine Street between South Broad Street and Susquehanna Avenue – Closed noon to 4 p.m.
- Courtland Street between South Wood Street and Susquehanna Avenue – Closed noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Susquehanna Avenue between West Main Street and Derstine Avenue – Closed noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Courtland Street between Susquehanna Avenue and Green Street – Closed 1:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Green Street between West Main and Vine streets – Closed 1:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
During the evening fireworks show, Lansdale Police will close the following streets between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.:
- South Line Street between East Main Street and Penn Street
- Jenkins Avenue will be closed at South Line Street
- Penn Street between South Line Street and Church Road
- Park Avenue between East Main Street and Penn Street