Sunday Morning House Fire in Fanwood
Sunday, September 1, 2013 • 10:30pm
FANWOOD, NJ - An early morning fire damaged the rear of a home at 90 Madison Avenue, Fanwood, on Sunday, Sept. 1.
The Fanwood Fire Department's quick action prevented the fire from spreading to the rest of the home, confining it to a rear patio and second-floor area. An improperly extingished cigarette may have been the cause. No one was injured. Fire companies from Scotch Plains, Westfield and Berkeley Heights assisted in fighting the two-alarm fire.
The Fanwood Rescue Squad provided rehab services for firefighters with the assistance of the Westfield and Mountainside Rescue Squads.