SPFBL Annual Fundraiser Upcoming on May 9
Saturday, May 3, 2014 • 11:18pm
SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- The Scotch Plains-Fanwood Baseball League (SPFBL) will host its annual gala on Friday, May 9th, from 7-11 p.m. at the Italian American Club (1976 Valley Ave.) in Scotch Plains.
"Our annual fundraising dinner is a major source of revenue for the league. It enables us to replace equipment, make improvements to Booth Field, and pay for any costs not covered by registration fees, including new equipment," said SPFBL President Neil Kaufman. "It’s always a big hit, so to speak. We are looking forward to a great turnout."
The evening will feature a buffet dinner, dessert, beer and wine, and music by local band The Dumbwaitors. Local merchants and others are pitching in to help the baseball league. Tricky trays and silent auction prizes include:
- Mint Pros Yankee Stadium Tour conducted by a former player
- Golf packages from Shackamaxon Country Club, Scotch Hills Country Club and Maplewood Country Club
- Somerset Patriots luxury suite
- New York Mets tickets
- Lakewood Blue Claws tickets
- Tom Baylock Baseball Camp package
- Darby Road, Oh'Brien’s Pour House, and Mara’s Café gift packages
- Stress Factory Comedy Club package
- Adler’s Jewelers gift package
- Dick's Sporting Goods package
Tickets are $60 each, couples $100, which includes. Online payments at SPFBaseballLeague.org or pay by check made out to SPFBL Gala, P.O. Box 264, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076. (Please indicate name, address, phone number, email and # of tickets wanted.)
SPFBL is a private, non-profit organization providing baseball opportunities to the youth of Scotch Plains and Fanwood ages 5 to 18 years.