TAP Into Your Town's News

New Providence — New Providence Top Stories

Kitchen Stove Causes Fire to Grant Avenue Residence

Tim LeCras

Friday, June 6, 2014 • 10:26am

NEW PROVIDENCE, NJ - A Grant Avenue residence caught fire on Thursday night, resulting in damage to the upper part of the house.

The New Providence Fire Department was called to the residence after a 9-1-1 report of an active house fire.

The fire started in the area around the kitchen stove and spread through the ventilation system. Damage to the house was confined to the roof and attic, according to New Providence Police Department Administrative Lieutenant Theresa Gazaway.

Departments from surrounding towns responded to the incidence and assisted the NPFD with extinguishing the fire. The residents of the house, as well as the first responders, escaped the blaze without harm.

TAP into your town! Get Your Town's News In Your Inbox: Click here to sign up.