TAP Into Your Town's News

West Orange — West Orange Top Stories

Hooper Avenue Fire Deemed "Not Suspicious"

Cynthia Cumming

Friday, November 29, 2013 • 1:47pm

WEST ORANGE, NJ - West Orange police have confirmed that the fire that began at 9:54 pm Thanksgiving night at Hooper Avenue was deemed "not suspicious."  The two residents, including their pets, were all accounted for and are staying with relatives in Livingston.

It is believed that the fire began with the spontaneous combustion of art suppply chemicals.

The two story  home is uninhabitable.

TAP into your town! Get Your Town's News In Your Inbox: Click here to sign up.