Chatham Borough Resident Arrested on Drug Charges
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 • 3:05pm
On May 18 at 1:00 AM, Patrolman Andrew Pereira observed a parked car in the lot of Shepard Kollack Park. Pereira approached the car and observed the driver was reclined and apparently in a heavy sleep. He also observed a glass-smoking pipe and a lighter on the driver’s lap. With the assistance of Sergeant Jayson Cittrich and Patrolman Brian Colatrella, they were able to awaken the driver and get him out of the car. The driver was identified as Alexander Rizzuto age 19 of Florham Park. A small amount of suspected marijuana was found in the car along with a single Ambien tablet. Rizzuto was arrested and charged with the following offenses: Possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana, Possession of paraphernalia, and Possession of a Schedule IV CDS (Ambien). He was processed and released to a family member pending further court action.
On March 25, Detective Walsh received information that drugs were being sold out of a residence on Bowers Lane. An investigation was initiated that included surveillance of the suspect location. The investigation culminated on May 10 with the arrest of Colin Knott age 36 of Bowers Lane. Knott was charged with the following offenses:
· Distribution of CDS (5 counts)
· Possession of CDS (Oxycodone, Roxicodone, Adderall and Xanax)
· Possession of CDS with the intent to distribute
· Possession of CDS with the intent to distribute within 1000’ of a school
· Possession of CDS with the intent to distribute within 500’ of a public park
· Possession of a weapon (2 BB guns) while in possession of CDS with the intent to distribute
· Possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana
· Possession of paraphernalia
· possession of a hypodermic needle
Knott was incarcerated in the Morris County Correctional Facility in default of $25,000 bail with no 10% option. Also assisting in this investigation was the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Special Enforcement Unit and the Morris County Sheriff’s Office CID and K-9 Units.