CAROLYN DORFMAN DANCE COMPANY’s NJ SUMMERDANCE 2014 RETURNS TO KEAN UNIVERSITY
Monday, July 28, 2014 • 6:48am
For one fabulous week this summer, dance lovers will have an opportunity to explore the world of modern dance with the Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company (www.cddc.info) during NJ Summerdance 2014 at Kean University, August 11-15. CDDC is proud to be a part of Kean University’s summer programming for the sixth year.
Beginners through advanced, teens through adult, can partake in daily master classes in modern dance technique, Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company repertory, dance dialogues on choreography and careers, and much more. Participants will receive instruction from leading artists from the New York metro area and work closely with Carolyn Dorfman and the Company.
Featured guest artists include:
- Bahiyah Hibah (Bahiyah’s Boogie)- Currently starring in the Tony award winner for Best Choreography, Broadway’s After Midnight, also a former principal dancer with Alvin Ailey Dance Theater
- Bennyroyce Royon (Contemporary Methods)- Artistic Director, Bennyroyce Dance Productions, Founding Member of the Bad Boys of Dance, and former member Karole Armitage/Gone
- Kelly Buwalda (Nutrition for Dancers: Fueling your unique body, onstage and off!)- Certified Health Coach, Founder of Kelly Buwalda Nutrition & Wellness, Nutrition Teacher at Joffrey Ballet School
- Brandon Jones (Street Jazz Fusion)- CDDC Company member
- Louie Marin (Pilates- The Technique to the Technique)- CDDC senior Company member, Certified Pilates Instructor
The week will culminate with participants performing with the company for family members, friends and the community, followed by a reception.
SummerDance 2014 - Background Information
Dates: August 11 to August 15, 2014 - 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, culminating performance will be on held on Friday, August 15 at 3:30 pm
Location: D’Angola Gym (Harwood Arena), Kean University
1000 Morris Avenue, Union Township, NJ 07083
- Registration (full program) - $375
- Full Week of Morning Session Only - $175
- Single Morning Session or Master Class– $30 per class
- 20% discount for Dance Studio Owners and Teachers - $325
For further information:
Contact Stephanie Cathey at email@example.com or call 908-687-8855.
Register online at www.cddc.info/njsd2014
About the Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company:
With the vision of founding artistic director/choreographer, Carolyn Dorfman, the Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company has embraced creation, performance, education, community engagement, and the support of artists in its mission since its inception. It is dedicated to the creation and presentation of contemporary dance that reveals the individual uniqueness and ultimate commonality of the human experience. CDDC opens dialogues, between artists and audience, through performance, education, and community programs that affirm the power of this dynamic art form to engage, enlighten, educate and empower the communities we touch.
Photo: Kaitlyn Waldo - CDDC Company Dancer